5 Key Elements to Creating a Stellar Online Marketing Campaign (PART 1)
Savvy business owners and marketing specialists know the key to online success begins with the earliest stages in brand development. This requires heavy research and development, narrowing down and getting to know your target audience, and deciding which marketing channels fit your business model best. Once these phases are complete it is time to move on to developing your online marketing strategy. Read this article to find out 2 (of 5) key elements to consider when planning a successful online marketing campaign:
When crafting your marketing strategy, digital media is essential to important aspects that directly impact growth such as brand visibility, new client acquisitions, and online gateways to serious revenue generating opportunities. Read this article to learn the key components of creating an online presence that will elevate your business.
1- S.M.A.R.T Goals
As the age-old saying goes; proper preparation prevents poor performance. This why setting SMART Goals is a critical key to the long-term success of any business type. SMART Goals help marketers set objectives and create a roadmap for how these goals are achieved. What does SMART stand for?
- S = Specific
Define clear and concise achievements.
- M = MeasurableCreating trackable measures of success to ensure your business is on the right path. As you track milestones you will have the opportunity to re-evaluate or correct any issues that may have arisen.
- A = AchievableReality-based goals are vital to being able to properly track your brand’s successes and failures. If your initial goals are not attainable becoming discouraged is inevitable.
- R = RelevantSetting goals that are relevant to your brand’s overall mission will help to ensure your milestones are consistent with your brand’s values and big-picture goals.
- T = Time-basedSetting an end date or interval dates to measure your levels of achievement helps to keep the businesses’ “eyes on the prize.” By pre-determining your timeframes, the business is better able to evaluate successful campaign efforts as well as failures. This will encourage re-evaluation and tailoring future marketing efforts in a way that elevates your brand.
2 – Defining a Content Marketing Strategy That Makes Sense
Take a stroll through any major social media site and it will quickly become apparent that Content Marketing is the king of all online-marketing types. According to Google’s dictionary, Content Marketing involves the creation and sharing of online material (such as videos, blogs, and social media posts) that does not explicitly promote a brand but is intended to stimulate interest in its products or services.
This type of marketing helps to educate potential customers about your business offerings as well as provides an opportunity to establish your company as an industry leader.
Examples of effective content marketing include Youtube makeup tutorials that include product reviews (think Jefferee Star or Brett Rockman,) viral hashtags such as rideshare app Lyft’s #WhyILIyft campaign, and Coca-Cola’s “Share a Coke” campaign that encouraged customers to snap photos with their personalized pop bottles.
Here is list of popular Content Marketing strategies for your business to consider:
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Growth Marketing
- Chatbot Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Educational Tools such as: case studies, white papers, reports, Ebooks, presentations, webinars
by Isaiah Bradford